Cycle to MIPIM 2018
Last year HTA's Simon Bayliss and Sandy Morrison took part in The Legal & General Real Assets Cycle to MIPIM, raising a fantastic £8,462.50 for charity.
And they're back at it again this year! But this time joining them will be James Lord and Richard Foxley. The riders will be covering almost 1,500km from London to the international retail estate show, MIPIM, in Cannes over six days - raising money for Coram, the UK's first children's charity.
Coram’s vision is that all children will have the best possible chance to live a fulfilling life. They champion what matters most for children, creating better chances, and a brighter, happier future.
They were founded in 1739 by Captain Thomas Coram, a philanthropist who wanted to provide care for abandoned children left dying on London’s streets. Their pioneering work attracted some prestigious patrons including the artist William Hogarth and the composer George Frideric Handel.
Today, they still rely on the support of generous donors and benefactors to continue their work helping the UK’s most vulnerable children by:
- Finding adoptive families who can provide the love, care and security they desperately need
- Inspiring children to make positive, healthy choices by helping them to better understand the risks of drugs and alcohol
- Upholding children’s rights and empowering children in care to make their voices heard
- Providing practical skills and emotional support to vulnerable parents, so they can do their best for their children
- Giving isolated young people the security of a roof over their head, and supporting them to take charge of their lives
And, with four riders from HTA now taking part, we have the opportunity to raise twice as much money as we did last year for this significant and greatly esteemed charity. If you would like to sponsor Simon, Sandy, James and Richard you can do so here: https://my.race-nation.co.uk/sponsorship/group/49
Start Date: 8th March 2018 06:00 am
End Date: 13th March 2018 21:00 pm