Hastings Pier by dRMM Architects wins the 2017 RIBA Stirling Prize.
Six buildings were shortlisted for the coveted 2017 RIBA Stirling Prize for the UK’s best new building. Now in its 22nd year, the RIBA Stirling Prize sponsored by Almacantar, is the UK’s most prestigious architecture prize, HTA's chair Ben Derbyshire was on the judging panel as RIBA President.
The RIBA Stirling Prize is judged against a range of criteria including design vision; innovation and originality; capacity to stimulate, engage and delight occupants and visitors; accessibility and sustainability; how fit the building is for its purpose and the level of client satisfaction.
The RIBA Sterling Prize Jury 2017:
- Ben Derbyshire - RIBA President, RIBA Stirling Prize 2017 Jury Chair
- Anupama Kundoo - Anupama Kundoo Architects
- Peter St John - Caruso St John Architects
- Evan Davis - Journalist & BBC Presenter
- Jane Hall - Founding member of Assemble