Woking Planning Committee voted to grant planning consent for the hybrid planning application on Tuesday 26th July.
The consented masterplan will deliver;
- 984 new homes (91 % are family sized homes) of which 62 homes are assisted living homes
- 1650m² of retail space including a new convenience store
- 1110m² of space for the community and youth centre
- 600m² of space for a children's nursery
- 416m² of space for a health centre
- 5478m² of space for the New Community Sports Centre including a new swimming pool and gym facilities designed by Pozzoni
HTA Design LLP were appointed by New Vision Homes (a joint venture between Pinnacle regeneration Group and Mansell Construction) in 2012 to lead the masterplanning team for the regeneration of Sheerwater in Woking, providing Architectural, Planning, Landscape, Graphics and Urban Design consultancy services to deliver a high quality masterplan for the area. The design of the future phases will be secured by a bespoke Design Code.
The scheme exemplifies HTA’s strength to deliver comprehensive regeneration projects with all disciplines at HTA Design LLP working collaboratively to secure planning consent for a vision for the area.
The masterplanning programme entailed a series of Milestones ranging from comprehensive site analysis to the development of a preferred masterplan option, underpinned by comprehensive and regular consultation with the local community, local stakeholders and statutory bodies through a series of exhibitions and workshops.
As part of the detailed planning application a Community Leisure Centre will be delivered in the first phase. A new 3G pitch will provide facilities for Sheerwater FC, local sports groups, the School and members of the public to use all year round.
Full planning consent was also granted for 92 new homes on the former Athletic Track.