Contract: Permanent, Full time or Part-time (We are able to consider flexible working options)
HTA offers a comprehensive planning consultancy service to our clients across the UK. We require a confident Assistant Planner to join our small busy team to work on the delivery of small to large scale housing and housing-led mixed use schemes. This is an exceptional opportunity to assist in the development of our business, integrating planning advice at all stages of design and to deliver places that make a difference to people’s lives.
Working closely with HTA's Planning and design teams across the practice, the Assistant Planner will:
- Support the planning team and practice members with planning policy research; undertake planning appraisals to inform proposals;
- undertake feasibility studies;
- write planning statements;
- manage the submission of planning applications;
- monitor planning applications;
- administration of discharge of planning conditions.
To be considered for this role you will need to have:
- An excellent understanding of the UK planning system;
- Housing, regeneration and design sector experience;
- A track record in delivering planning stages of projects from inception to completion;
- Experience in multi-disciplinary working;
- Demonstrable postgraduate experience in a professional planning capacity that as a guide is approximately equivalent to at least 2 years experience;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build and maintain strong collaborative internal and external working relationships. This role will involve liaising with clients, consultants and local planning authorities;
- A good knowledge of planning and construction, along with strong written skills, including experience of preparing planning applications;
- The ability to be proactive, to use your initiative and to work autonomously;
- Good project experience and skills, with the ability to complete tasks within tight deadlines.
Please see the full Job Description and Person Specification below.
If you have what we are looking for and want a role with excellent career development opportunities and a supportive environment, then why not apply?
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Friday 29th March 2019
To apply, please click the link below and upload a brief letter of introduction (including your salary expectations) and your CV:
By submitting your application to us via our secure online applicant portal, you are providing HTA with your consent to process, manage and retain your personal information for the purpose of considering you for potential current and future employment. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details:
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.
HTA is an Equal Opportunities employer.
HTA Design LLP is an award winning multi-disciplinary design partnership of specialist teams working collaboratively in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Communications, Sustainability and Planning.
HTA offers excellent opportunities for your professional development. As well as great projects, we offer an excellent remuneration package that includes a competitive salary, pension contribution, death in service cover, professional subscriptions, support for further training and development, daily breakfast and lunch, eye care vouchers, access to an Employee Assistance Programme, interest free season ticket loan and much more, all in a great working environment.
HTA Design LLP is an Equal Opportunities and family friendly employer that values diversity in its workforce. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and/or experienced eligible candidates from all sectors of community.
For further enquiries regarding this role please call:
0207 485 8555
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.