|Closing:||03 Dec 2021|
HTA Design is a diverse, multi-disciplinary practice of architects and designers known for creating great places to live. Regularly recognised as an ‘Employer of the Year’ we are seeking an experienced and talented HR Manager to help shape our vision for the future and maintain our position as one of the best places to work within the industry.
The role reports direct to HTA’s Managing Partner with both a strategic and operational remit, leading the HR team to bring knowledge, experience, insight and expertise to guide the business and support HTA’s Partners, Managers and Employees to be the best they can be. Based in HTA’s busy and sociable East London studio, but working across our studios in Bristol, Edinburgh and Manchester, you will help shape and deliver our People Strategies with a particular focus on Equality, Diversity & Inclusion, Talent Management, Training and Development, Employer Branding, and Employee Engagement.
This is a busy and varied generalist role covering all aspects of the Employee Lifecycle, providing advice on the full range of HR and employment matters, and working in collaboration to help deliver our vision, values, and the ambitions of our Business Plans. You will help HTA maintain its position as an employer of choice through its commitment to the continuous improvement and care of its people.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working independently to a high level and in a generalist capacity, with excellent commerciality, and sound employment law knowledge. You will be a dynamic leader, with astute problem solving and decision making skills, along with proven ability to coach colleagues at all levels. Chartered MCIPD or equivalent is desirable along with a commitment to your own personal development. This position is offered at Associate level with the opportunity to progress to Senior Associate, and/or Director in the future. It is a studio based role with flexible home working days an option.
To be considered, the successful candidate will have:
- Proven extensive experience of working in a similar Generalist HR role at both a strategic and operational level and preferably within the built environment or other creative sector.
- CIPD level 7 qualified is preferred and/or Chartered MCIPD.
- Experience of managing and coaching others within a business.
- First class interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build and maintain strong collaborative internal and external working relationships at all levels.
- The confidence and gravitas to act as a trusted advisor, and the ability to lead, coach and counsel colleagues at all levels.
- Strong team management and leadership skills with the ability to delegate effectively.
- An astute decision maker and able to prioritise effectively with the ability to weigh up options and priorities and provide clear, informed and knowledgeable advice.
- Able to solve problems effectively and creatively: “find a way or make a way” - not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills and the ability to manage time well and meet deadlines.
- Sound Microsoft Office applications skills and knowledge (e.g. Teams, Outlook, Excel, Word).
- A sound working knowledge of employment law and best HR practices.
- Knowledge of diversity and Inclusion best practices and wellbeing at work.
Please click the 'Documents' link below to view the full Job Description and Person Specification.
How to apply
If you have what we are looking for and want a role with excellent career development opportunities and a supportive environment, then why not apply?
Closing date for applications: 12 noon, Friday 3rd December 2021
To apply, please click the link below:
- Answer all pre-application questions.
- Upload a brief cover letter and your CV.
By submitting your application to us via our secure online portal, you are providing HTA with your full consent to process, manage and retain your personal information for the purpose of considering you for potential employment. Please refer to HTA's Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
HTA is committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and we actively encourage applications from under-represented groups. We value the differences, needs and contributions a diverse workforce represents and we strive to embed this ideal across all our people related activities and to create a culture of belonging.
HTA is a Disability Confident signatory - If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format, or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview (whether virtually or in person), please contact us at: email@example.com quoting 'Reasonable Adjustment Request' and we will be in touch to discuss how we can assist.