HTA@50 - Greenford Quay
Tillermans, Greenford Quay Block 5, is the first block to be delivered within the new Greenford Quay masterplan and is designed as a bespoke Build-To-Rent development which will lead the way in delivering a vibrant community atmosphere on the edge of the Grand Union Canal. The building contains a mix of 379 apartments along with generous resident amenities including a resident’s lounge, dining room, gym, bar and games room along with large outdoor courtyards and terraces. A generous double-height entrance, overlooked by a mezzanine, sits in prime position on the edge of the main square to welcome all residents, with the remainder of the ground floor given over to commercial use, activating the façade and surrounding area.
The block design has been optimised for off-site manufacture using HTA’s expertise in this area to produce a high-quality product capable of delivery on a tight construction programme.
Greystar, the largest Multifamily (Build to Rent) operator in the United States, have arrived in London where, at last, conditions are right for a step-change in the provision of purpose-designed, institutionally-backed, privately-rented housing.
- One of the UK’s largest purpose-designed ‘Build to Rent’ scheme to date
- A vibrant mixed-use neighbourhood on the banks of the historic Grand Union canal
- The result of extensive consultation with LB Ealing, the Greater London Authority, local businesses, residents, and other stakeholders
- A revitalised place, bringing the currently derelict 20.3-acre site back to life
- A model of modern canalside living in the heart of Greenford
The Masterplan and the Homes
- 1,965 new homes across seven main buildings, with on-site management
- Approximately 75% will be available for rent from Greystar, with the rest for sale
- A range of apartment types including studios, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom homes
- Resident amenities including courtyard gardens, gyms, roof terraces and resident lounges
- A genuinely tenure-blind neighbourhood, including discount market rent and shared ownership homes
Other Features & Amenities
- A wealth of new amenities for residents and the local community alike
- Local shops and workspaces, a grocery store, restaurants, cafes, proposed cinema and offices
- Attractive, curated public open spaces, including a landmark central square
- New connections through Greenford, including the reopening of Berkeley Avenue
- A new pedestrian bridge over the Grand Union Canal
- A new two form entry primary school and accommodation for a new on-site healthcare centre and local cinema
- The creation of around 1,200 onsite jobs beyond the construction phase
Detailed Planning consent for the scheme was achieved in 2017, with HTA acting as Lead Consultant, Masterplanner, Block Architect and Landscape Architect, working in collaboration with a team of other architects (Mae, Hawkins/Brown, SLCE and Flannagan Lawrence) to design the details of each building, as well as the school and the proposed refurbishment of the listed 1930’s Glaxo Headquarters building.