Planning Approval for Ravensbury Masterplan
The regeneration of the Ravensbury Estate in Mitcham recently received the support of Merton Council with outline approval being granted by the Council’s Planning Committee.
Ravensbury is one of three estates that Clarion Housing Group are regenerating, part of the £1bn Merton Regeneration Project for around 2,800 new homes across the three neighbourhoods. The proposals will see all existing tenants and resident homeowners who wish to remain rehoused.
HTA has undertaken in-depth consultation with the Ravensbury community over several years to shape the Masterplan in line with residents’ objectives. The proposals will blend together the old and new parts of the estate with tree-lined streets that provide easy walking routes to neighbouring Ravensbury Park and Morden Hall Park, The new homes are all low rise, safeguarding the suburban village-like character of the neighbourhood, which will include:
• 91 existing and occupied homes retained on the estate
• Phases 2-4 include up to 180 new houses and apartments
• Older persons’ apartments at the heart of the community
• Plus a larger community space reprovided
• Low rise: 2, 3 and 4 storeys
• Tree-lined streets and a central landscaped swale
• Playable landscape and biodiverse seasonal planting
• Masterplan designed to BREEAM Communities criteria
21 new homes in Phase 1 were granted detailed consent in 2016, with construction due to start in Summer 2018., HTA are currently developing the Reserved Matters design for Phases 2-4 with ongoing input from the residents of the estate.