Tom joined HTA in 2011 and works as an Architect on a multiple schemes of varying size and complexity including Private Rent, New Build, Office to Residential Refurbishment and Masterplans. He has considerable experience working with Housing Associations and developers in the UK and the statutory and regulatory requirements of both Scotland and England to successfully deliver projects.
In addition to this, Tom has taken a leading role in coordinating the Edinburgh team’s business to business introductions, the bids + frameworks programme for projects in Scotland and the North of England and CPDs.
Prior to joining HTA, Tom studied at Edinburgh College of Art and completed his PG DipArch in Architecture and Urbanism focusing on masterplans for the Lower East Side of Manhattan, New York City and Chicago, Illinois. Professionally, he has worked in a variety of design offices in Scotland on bespoke housing, residential developments and large scale commercial schemes including the luxury golf resort Pittormie Castle near to St Andrews.
As a Project Architect, Tom has been a core member of the team delivering:
- The 70-unit scheme for Mill O’ Mains Phase 2 which was completed in March 2015 as well as the bid and planning application for Mill O’ Mains Phase 3.
- 44 and 25 unit developments for office to residential conversions in Edinburgh and Ashford which were both completed in 2015.
- The high quality 75-unit scheme at Bearbrook in Aylesbury and the 209-unit phase 2 of New Homes for Luton with Wates Group.
- For Greenford Green by Greystar in Ealing, a Built to Rent residential masterplan for 1965 homes, commercial and public realm, Tom helped to coordinate the planning application and develop proposals for the 8 blocks that involved a large multi-disciplinary team including four other architectural practices.
At present, Tom is working on:
- Block 1, Winstanley and York Road Estate Regeneration – Tom is the Project Architect for this landmark development that will provide 236 private homes across two high-rise towers at 32 storeys and 21 storeys respectively along with a low rise commercial building.
- Ballards Lane, Finchley – High quality proposals for a private 54 unit redevelopment of a former police station site that was submitted to Planning in August 2017.
- Castleward Phase 2 – Tom coordinated the planning application for 3 sites forming Phase 2. Following this, he has assisted on the working drawings packages for one of the sites that will provide more sought-after homes in the residential led urban regeneration of Castleward in Derby.