MA (Hons) Dip Arch RIBA
Caroline Dove joined HTA Architects in 1985 where she is a Project Director and Partner of HTA Design LLP. With the three other Project Directors, she is responsible for securing and delivering the practice’s workload. She leads an enthusiastic, multi-disciplinary team who are experienced in delivering regeneration, mixed use and housing projects through all stages for Local Authorities, RSLs and Constructor-Developers.
Caroline’s extensive project management experience and capability, combined with over 30 years’ experience as an architect, has enabled the successful delivery of complex projects across the UK. Working with communities has always played an important part in Caroline’s projects, and she sees it as key to successful, sustainable regeneration. She has worked closely with residents to develop appropriate designs and implement rolling programs, as well as consulting with the wider neighbourhood and other stakeholders. Caroline has a strong technical background, and has developed excellent collaborative relationships with key Constructors to deliver post planning schemes for top developing RSLs.
Current projects include regeneration, custom-build and development for local authorities providing much needed homes in the south-east.
Masterplanning and regeneration projects:
- Ravensbury, Merton (Circle) - the redevelopment of concrete post-war houses to create 200 new homes beside the River Wandle, in close consultation with the residents.
- New Avenue, Enfield (Countryside)- competition-winning regeneration of 1960's estate to provide 412 new homes, community/nursery and energy centre set in high quality landscape, developed with the residents.
- Parkside Place, Islington (Southern and Higgins) - complex regeneration of the former Market Estate, creating 440 new homes and enabling all original residents to be re-housed, with new shops and restored park, which won a best community-led regeneration award with Higgins Construction.
- Allen Court, Ealing for Notting Hill and Linden - regeneration of 1960’s estate, involving land-swap with adjoining open space to make a successful mixed tenure development, including re-housing existing residents.
- Dee Park, Reading (Catalyst and Willmott Dixon)- competition-winning community-led regeneration includes 700 new mixed tenure houses and flats, with Extra Care Housing, shops and school, as well as extensive landscaping improvements throughout the existing estate.
- Southampton estates - development appraisal and strategies for six estates for Southampton City Council.
Heartlands, Cambourne, Cornwall – masterplan and landscape including plan for 150 mixed tenure homes surrounding the sensitive World Heritage site for igloo and Coastline. 54 homes are custom-build, externally and internally, and we are also architects for one of the six home-manufacturers to be selected by prospective purchasers. The development won AJ and Housing Design Awards in 2016.
Refurbishment and conversion:
Nevern Square, RBKC for Family Mosaic; over 600 homes at Clapham Park; five tower blocks at The Chalcots, Camden; Grade II Listed buildings in Hackney, Kennington and Camden.
Older people's housing:
Arbourthorne Fields, Sheffield; Oak Tree House, Reading (as part of Dee Park regeneration).; Chelsea Court, RBKC for Family Mosaic.
Brief for a new Recovery College for St Mungo's Broadway, developed with the clients in a collaborative process.